The latest tax, employment, business and economic news affecting firms and individuals alike. Updated each day.
- Families hit with big inheritance tax bills after believing gifts would not be taxed.
- Research and development spending is lower than twenty years ago.
- It will gain the responsibilities of three current agencies.
- That equates to £26,000 a year.
- Tax simplicity is the priority for the OTS.
- The Treasury said its recovery plan ‘is working’.
- Updated templates should make the system easier.
- Taxpayers lost out on over £600 million.
- The Government wants SMEs to achieve net zero by 2050.
- It will end on the originally planned date.